Wednesday, January 15, 2014

closer to fine

Today I...drumroll please...got up, took a shower, washed my hair, got dressed, put on makeup (!) & left the house.  Ta da!  And it isn't even Sunday!  I try not to give myself a choice on Sundays so I will make it to church but I am not always successful.  To do something today that I could have put off until tomorrow was a big victory for me.  I am a big putter-offer.  But today I went to pick out three birthday cards & a card for someone who lost his dad.  It takes me forever to find just the right card so I was there a while.  My pain issues were making my whole body scream at me from standing  but I finally found what I was looking for.  Then, believe it or not, I went to a second store after resting in the car for a while.  That almost never happens.  I was looking for a certain gift for my grandson & flagged down a women to help me.  We looked at different things & talked & laughed & it came so easy.  When you consider that I often go through the grocery store with my head down & "Leave me alone" on a continuous loop through my brain, chatting with a stranger is huge.  Well, actually it is so much more the real me, the me that I usually feel I have lost forever.  I did come home without finding what I was looking for - my dilapidated body refused to make another stop - but it didn't matter.  I had ventured out into the world & lived to tell about it. Closer to fine.

dj

No comments:

Post a Comment