Saturday, July 19, 2014

drive my car

I don't cry a lot for a person who has a disorder that causes deep depression. Sometimes, though, it comes in short bursts like these summer rains we have been having, brought on by something that overwhelms me & then passes. Usually this happens while I am driving. Yesterday afternoon I had what I call a drive-&-cry. I went to pick up my Seroquel refill. From January through May it cost me $40. When I picked it up in June, it was $81. I was told I was in the "gap" which means once my med costs reach a certain amount, the insurance company pays less. Then yesterday I had to pay $186! For 30 days worth! Now keep in mind that I take several other meds which also have gone up. As I thought about the budget I can not get to an affordable place no matter what I cut out, I felt overwhelmed & hopeless. And, yes, sorry for myself. I don't usually allow that but in those short bursts, sometimes I just have to feel it & let it wash away while I go blubbering down the highway.
So, if you see a driver in a little red Honda with the windows down & sunroof open sobbing to the Beatles, Counting Crows or any number of other artists, just let her get it out, regroup & press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment