Wednesday, June 19, 2013

all the time

Guilt & shame.  Not my best friends but still constant companions.  No matter how much I tell myself that this is not my fault & even though I keep my doctor appointments, stay honest with them & take my medication correctly & on time, I can't seem to get rid of these two.  I see what my illness does to my family & friends.  The ability it has to make the "real me" disappear.  How it tries to invade every fiber of my being so that I can no longer think or act outside of myself & it is all about me & survival...& all those thoughts about not surviving.  And, well-meaning or not, the guilt & shame are made worse by those telling me to just be positive, be happy, smile as if it were merely a choice.  That just validates those feelings of guilt & shame & the fact that I am weak & even lazy.  Look, I am still on this earth taking whatever this mind & body dish out.  It ain't for sissies but I am doing the best that I can.  If I had the choice to just positive-think it away, I promise, I would.  Anybody would.

dj

No comments:

Post a Comment