Thursday, June 13, 2013

hello it's me

Several years ago, after bouts of deep depression and horrible anxiety, I was diagnosed with bipolar II disorder.  Some days I am not totally convinced that the diagnosis is correct but three psychiatrists and a therapist agree with it so I suppose it could be right.  The diagnosis didn't change my life.  I was already living with the reality of the illness.  It did, however, give me a place to start my journey to better.  Feeling better.  Being better.  And that continues to be an everyday struggle.  This stuff doesn't just go away. 

I started writing here because it has been on my heart to tell as many suffering people as possible a few things.  Mental illness and/or depression is not your fault.  There is no shame in needing help.  You can't just will this stuff away.  Even if you have a strong faith.  Even if you are surrounded by people who love you.
 
I also may talk about other things.  I am pretty much an open book.  There are times when I can talk too much and times when I can't talk at all.  Please bare with me.

Oh, and the title of this blog, "my invisible noise", describes all those thoughts that go on inside my head that others may not think.  Or maybe they do.  I didn't know until recently that there is a band called "Invisible Noise".  So, no, I didn't steal it.  Great minds think alike, huh?

Welcome to my world!
dj

No comments:

Post a Comment